View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tuesday, December 2, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Guilt

It was often a feeling of guilt, which led us to overeat, and the more we overate, the guiltier we felt. A Fourth Step inventory can pinpoint the reasons for the guilt that we still experience, and by taking the Fifth Step we are able to express and release this guilt.

Some of our guilt feelings are unnecessary. We may experience a sense of guilt when we say no to requests and demands, which infringe on our legitimate rights. We may feel guilty when we do not live up to the expectations of someone close to us. We need to develop a strong sense of self worth so that we do not suffer from guilt at not conforming to someone else's image of who we should be.

Working our program relieves us of unnecessary guilt. When we make amends to those we have in fact injured, we are freed from a heavy burden of real guilt. When we experience confirmation of who we are through contact with our Higher Power, we are liberated from the constraint of imagined guilt.

Show us how to deal with guilt.
A long-timer shared with me that he thought that guilt took people out more often than resentments. They say resentments are the number one cause of relapse, but he felt that guilt was a close second or an equal. We tend to forget that we are NOT our disease.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote