View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
LookingOut

Hi and welcome to the site. I'm sorry you are going through this. I know it is is very hard. I'm a recovering alcoholic myself, so don't know the drug end well. What I do know, however, is that she is a hard core addict.

Yes, she will continue. Since you have only been in this relationship for four months, my advice is to cut your losses and not see her again. If you want to stay with her, you have a long and rocky road ahead. At this point, she is probably using you for whatever it is she is getting out of you--food, money, pills, not being alone (on her terms), etc.

If you want to learn more about addiction, do some reading on this site and others. You can also look up Nar-Anon or Al-Anon meetings in your area and attend those.

You will not be her knight in shining armor that causes her to finally and immediately quit. To quit her addictions, she must be willing. She will have to decide. She will probably need an in-patient rehab and detox, then maybe a halfway house, then will need to stay in a recovery program such as NA or Celebrate Recovery. Recovery for her, IF she is willing, will be a life long commitment and way of life.

Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best as you decide what to do. Praying for you and her also. God bless.