View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you for sharing, recovery makes a big difference in our life and in ourselves. We are not the same person we were when we met the person in our lives.

They say, don't make any changes in your first year in recovery, and why it is suggested that we don't get into a relationship that first year in recovery. It took me 7 years to take the risk, and I called it a "man relapse." It ended up being a growth period because I got triggered and my abusive past came up, along with a lot of emotions and grieving that I had never allowed myself to feel, because of my own addiction.

First things first, your recovery. It is a one day at a time program.

"No!" It is a complete sentence. You don't have to give an explanation, you don't have to justify, or give a definite answer as to why you are saying, "No!"

I didn't know the meaning of the word and didn't know I had a right to say it. I was a yes girl for most of my life, and ended up with many resentments and much anger because I didn't feel like I could express my thoughts and opinions.

Thank goodness for recovery, it has brought a lot of wisdom about myself and I can see where others are coming from, and I try to allow them to walk their own journey.

I was told you can't talk to an alcoholic or an addict when they are using. Their perception is off and they will probably forget what they said the night or day before. I found this to be very true when I was on the Help Line for AA.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: