View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

So glad she went for help, all you can do is pray for her and be there for support. She is not capable of having a healthy relationship and she needs to focus on her own recovery, because without that she has nothing. This is a disease. You need to look at the person behind the disease.

It is important that you focus on you and not on her, I would highly recommend Al-Anon or Nar-Anon, or go to an open meeting of AA, NA, CA, or HA. Do you have alcohol and/or drugs in your family, perhaps you qualify for Adult Children of Alcoholics or Codependency, we have material on this site. If you are living your life through someone else instead of living your own, you might want to check it out.

For her health and well being, it would be best for her to detach from you until she is well within herself. If you put two needy people in a relationship, it is not a healthy relationship. The person needs to want you in her life, and need to be complete and whole within herself, and the same for you.

I am glad you have known her for so long, when she is ready, I am sure she will contact you. There are no guarantees, it is a one day at a time program. Recovery programs are not a quick fix solution, it is a time to make you aware and for me, it was a basis to build on. I need to the do things in the program in order to STAY sober, it is a living program. If you can find a fellowship that you can relate to, check out other addictions, then you will have an idea as to where she stands, because it is not good for you to put your life on hold, waiting for her to do what you want.

http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/show...ighlight=grief

You will be going through a grieving process because of the loss of her in your life, which is normal. Every time we lose someone or there is change in our life, we need to allow ourselves to work through it.

http://www.heroin-anonymous.org/HApage17.html

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: