View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wednesday, March 5, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Old Tapes

In the recesses of our minds, each of us has old tapes stored away which tend to be played over and over again. These tapes may have been recorded so long ago that they have little if anything to do with our present situation.

The tapes, which are recordings of positive thoughts and experiences, can be helpful when replayed. Unfortunately, we each possess many tapes which are negative and self-destructive. They include resentments, fears, and hates. When one of these negative tapes begins to play, we may find ourselves opening the refrigerator or going out to buy food which we should not have. Often the tapes continue to play while we are eating.

Taking an inventory each day makes us increasingly aware of our negative emotions: anger, envy, irrational anxiety. Admitting mistakes and making amends relieves us of the guilt associated with our character defects.

By giving our lives to God and staying in contact with Him, we are able to turn off the negative tapes. We receive new thoughts and positive feelings: hope, faith, love.

I pray that my thoughts and feelings may be purified.
Can just hear them now, if I allow them to play in my head. When I press play, instead of deleting them or fast forward, I heard those words, "Eat what's on your plate, some people are starving in this world, be grateful which made me think more. How many times I drank and ate to someone else's health. It wasn't just the choices that I made, it was the quantity I consumed or didn't consume, because all I could hear and see in the mirror was fat!"

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote