View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 04:25 AM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, March 14, 2014
You are reading from the book Food for Thought
Power

Our group is infused with a Power that changes lives, the Power of love and fellowship. So many of us can attest to the daily miracles that God has performed and is performing as we live this program. The changes and miracles may happen slowly, and our spiritual growth may be gradual; nevertheless, the Power is real.

As we become aware of this Power, we see how weak and unnecessary were the false supports we had relied on in the past. We probably sought strength in material possessions, personal achievement, social status. These supports all failed us, and we ate to hide our weakness.

Now that we have experienced the Power of the OA fellowship, we no longer have to rely on false supports. We can grow in the program and in closer contact with the One who creates and sustains us.

May I rely more completely on You.
This was so true for me yesterday, and because I am still not feeling good today, I need to be mindful for what I reach out for. When I am not feeling well, I reach out for comfort food. Some foods may be comfortable, but they aren't healthy.

My hands where shaking so bad yesterday that I had trouble getting the food to my mouth. Food kept dropping off my fork, and I found that old voice saying, "Why bother, give up" yet I persisted and ate my dinner which was healthy as far as the fish was concerned, but the mashed potatoes (an extra spoonful) smothered in butter along with the creamed corn (which turns to sugar) isn't so healthy, especially when you are diabetic like me.

Knowing, but not always doing, needs me to bring my God into the equation.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote