View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 01:54 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
You are reading from the book Today's Gift

There are persons who have some parts like me, but no one adds up exactly like me.

--Virginia Satir

Most of us feel pretty ordinary. We probably wish we were taller or shorter. Some of us are fat rather than thin. Few of us have perfect skin or teeth. Often we look at others, compare ourselves, and wish we were different. At these times, it's important to remember that each of us is special. We differ from others because we're created for different purposes.

Some of us will make a contribution to the world of sports, some to the art of music. Teaching or medicine will attract others and yet, no two of us will give to the world in the same way. Our unique mixture of looks, attitudes, and abilities will be special and very necessary to the people sharing our lifetime.

How can I give my special gift to the world today?
Like this, our gifts are very varied and some have been hidden over the years and we have to look at who we are in today and what we can do. As I like to say, `More will be revealed.` It is amazing what we can do, with our God behind us, supporting us on new ventures. Sometimes I found things that I thought I knew, was laughable and best not done again!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote