View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 01:38 AM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Monday, April 14, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

There the penitents took off their shoes And walked barefoot the remaining mile.
—Robert Lowell

Some people have to have pain. If dirt doesn't fall on their heads from the sky, they sulk in corners and hope their flesh turns to dust. They do everything the hard way, even when they know better, and often complain and accuse others for their pain. For people like this, even the song of a bird is a bother. It's better to smile when people like that accuse. It's better to wear shoes when walking on stones, better to take the shortest way. There is weeping and wailing enough in the world, dumps full of worn-out guilt and remorse. When the bird sings, it's better to look up and see that it beats its wings not to punish itself, but to fly.

Do I pity myself when I could be flying?
Never had a desire to fly unless it was to some distant place I wanted to go, but because of my addiction and the addiction of my family, I never got very far.

A pity party doesn't get you very far, always figured I had an over active imagination, but had to make sure I stayed grounded in today, instead of projecting into the future.

The difference in today, is that I may decide to take a time out and sit on the pity pot, but in today, thanks to the program, I have a choice as to how long I stay there.

I don't have a lot of pity in today, the pain is there, but when I think back on how I abused myself and allowed others to abuse me, it is no wonder that my emotions, my mental thoughts and body memories, make them self known in today. It all has to be healed, not stuffed away, out of sight, out of mind, until we wonder why we are hurting so badly.

Like the reading say, it is best to listen to the song and enjoy the presence of the bird, instead of worrying as to whether it was going to dump on you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote