View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Saturday, November 8, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Cleaning Up

Cleaning up after a meal and taking care of leftovers is a hard job for most compulsive overeaters. What makes it so difficult is our old habit of putting leftovers in our mouths instead of in the refrigerator or the garbage. Once we decide that we will have nothing at all after our measured meal, the clean up job becomes amazingly easy.

If we are not spending our energy fighting the temptation to have a bite of this or that, the energy is available for the task that needs to be done. Cleaning up is accomplished with much less time and effort when we are not arguing with ourselves about what happens to the leftovers.

In the past, we may have felt that cleaning up was a demeaning job. As we work our program, we begin to get more satisfaction from all the work we do, and we are less concerned about the relative status of the jobs that fall to us. There is satisfaction in cleaning up after a meal, just as there is satisfaction in cleaning up our lives by means of the OA program.

May I not be too proud to enjoy cleaning up.
Don't mind clean up my life. I have always had issues with cleaning up dishes after a meal. I hate doing dishes and it is a long time thing from my childhood. Perhaps I am a little overdue in asking for healing in this area. I truly believe my mother had fibromyalgia and she would let things go and then would do everything at once and then it was clean, clean, clean. It was a big chore when it happened. Instead of making it simple as you go thing, it became a monstrous task filled with dread and horror, especially as a child. It is surprising how many body memories we have, not sure how much it will help me to love doing dishes, but I think God and I will have a little talk about this.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote