View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 04:56 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

October 6

Reborn
More and more we became interested in seeing what we could contribute to life.
As we felt new power flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered we
could face life successfully, as we became conscious of His presence,
we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow or the hereafter. We were reborn.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 63

Thought to Ponder
Faith makes the impossible possible.

AA-related 'Alconym'
H J F = Happy, Joyous, Free.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Self-will
"The first requirement is that we be convinced
that any life run on self-will can hardly be a success.
On that basis we are almost always in collision
with something or somebody,
even though our motives are good.
Most people try to live by self-propulsion.
Each person is like an actor
who wants to run the whole show;
is forever trying to arrange the lights, the ballet, the scenery
and the rest of the players in his own way.
If his arrangements would only stay put,
if only people would do as he wished,
the show would be great.
Everybody, including himself, would be pleased. nbsp;
Life would be wonderful."
c.1976AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 60-1

Thought to Consider . . .
Rule 62: "Don't take yourself too **** seriously."

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
P R I D E = Pretty Ridiculous Individual Directing Everything

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Incredible Things
Your man has probably been trying to conceal a number of scrapes, perhaps pretty messy ones. They may be disgusting. You may be at a loss to understand how such a seemingly above-board chap could be so involved. But these scrapes can generally be charged, no matter how bad, to the abnormal action of alcohol on his mind. When drinking, or getting over a bout, an alcoholic, sometimes the model of honesty when normal, will do incredible things. Afterward, his revulsion will be terrible. Nearly always, these antics indicate nothing more than temporary conditions.
2001, AAWS, Inc., Alcoholics Anonymous, pages 140-14

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"The five H's combine into a powerful formula for success. Starting with Hope, passing through Honesty into a gracious Humility, we become Human again, taking our rightful places in society and, by living a well rounded life, develop an integrated personality free of the stresses that urge us to drink. Finally, through Helpfulness we express gratitude and pass on to others some of the blessings we have enjoyed these recent weeks, months, years. Truly a Magic Formula for Continued Sobriety...."
Scarsdale, N.Y., December 1957
"Continued Sobriety,"
AA Grapevine

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"We know that while the alcoholic keeps away from drink, as he may do
for months or years, he reacts much like other men. We are equally
positive that once he takes any alcohol whatever into his system,
something happens, both in the bodily and mental sense, which makes
it virtually impossible for him to stop. The experience of any
alcoholic will abundantly confirm this."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, There Is A Solution, pg. 22~

"Since the home has suffered more than anything else, it is well that a man exert himself there. He is not likely to get far in any direction if he fails to show unselfishness and love under his own roof."
Alcoholics Anonymous p.127

Never was I to pray for myself, except as my requests bore on my usefulness to others.
-Alcoholics Anonymous p.13

Then he asked for the grace to bring love, forgiveness, harmony, truth, faith, hope, light, and joy to every human being he could.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 101

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

The majority of A.A. members have suffered severely from self-justification during their drinking days. For most of us, self-justification was the maker of excuses for drinking and for all kinds of crazy and damaging conduct. We had made the invention of alibis a fine art.
We had to drink because times were hard or times were good. We had to drink because at home we were smothered with love or got none at all. We had to drink because at work we were great successes or dismal failures. We had to drink because our nation had won a war or lost a peace. And so it went, ad infinitum.
To see how our own erratic emotions victimized us often took a long time. Where other people were concerned, we had to drop the word 'blame' from our speech and thought.

Prayer for the Day: Am I willing? - Dear Higher Power, help me: To forget what I have done for other people, and to remember what other people have done for me. To ignore what the world owes me, and to think what I owes the world. To put my rights in the background, and my duties in the middle distance, and my chances to do a little more than my duty in the foreground. To see that my fellow members are just as real as I am, and to try to look behind their faces to their hearts, as hungry for joy as mine is. To own that probably the only good reason for my existence is not what I can get out of life, but what I can give to life. To close my book of complaints against the management of the universe and look for a place where I can sow a few seeds of happiness--am I willing to do these things even for today? Then I have a good chance of staying with the Program.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote