View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 30

A HEAVENLY FATHER

“He is the Father, and we are His children.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 62:3

“God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.” 2 Corinthians 9:8

For what it’s worth: The concept I had of God was all wrong. I insanely believed He hated me and was punishing me for all the times I slapped Him in the face. Instead, He was waiting for me with open arms when alcoholism finally drove me to seek help. He was waiting for me in Alcoholics Anonymous, of all places. Once we were together there, all manner of blessings were given to me. First, I came to realize how closely God had stayed by my side during my drinking years. That is how I survived. In addition, He is the one who guided me to AA. He is the one who kept me sober, especially on all those days I really wanted to drink. God has shown Himself to me as a loving, merciful Heavenly Father, Who is gentle and generous with me. He is always there for me. Moreover, He uses both my blessings and my sufferings to benefit others.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: