View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
yukonm
Administrator

Hi Eric,
Welcome to our community. I am so glad that you found us. Please continue to come and share.
My situation is not identical to yours but similar in that I relocated to a different state in May and have not worked since I arrived here. I worked full-time before the move. One of the first things I did when I moved here is find an AA meeting and then a church home.
At the meetings I introduced myself and after the meetings I got telephone numbers from some of the women. During the week, I called those numbers and in doing so developed a circle of women in recovery for support and encouragement. I now have a group of women and we talk to each other everyday as well as do things outside the meetings like go to a movie, or lunch or hanging out at the library. Sometimes 2 or three of us will just hang out together at one of our homes and share about what is going on with us. I attend meetings on Mon, Tues and Friday evenings.
I also joined one of the women's ministries at church. Every now and then we have a luncheon and are planning a trip soon. I go to two worship services and Bible school on Sundays and Bible study on Wednesday evening.
I don't know if you have any hobbies but now would be a good time to explore a passion you never had time for when you were working. Also, in the past, I have found that hospitals need volunteers for things like delivering patient mail....which is great because they love to see you coming, or holding babies in the premie unit.
All I know is that I stay pretty busy...oh forgot to mention that I also renewed a past relationship. Finding balance is my greatest challenge now.
I hope some of this has helped and I'm sure others will be around soon with more ideas. Again, welcome!!

One Day At A Time

yukonm is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: