Thread: Chicken
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Oh No! You are one of those. I have been known to do that when I have run out or have another sauce or veggie. The egg landed on the ceiling because I let the pan boil dry and the egg popped and hit the ceiling and stuck.

I will put something to fry in the frying pan, forget it is there and the pan will get a little over done and I have to simmer baking soda and water in it to get the 'black' off. It is either not meant to be and I open a can or I start again if the stuff in the pan, is as black as the pan, which it generally is. Computers and cooking, or reading and cooking, or watching TV and cooking don't always go together. As Theresa tells me, "JoAnne, are you thinking again, don't you know you can't do two things at once."

Quote:
Thanks JoJo, ... The egg thingy is hilarious ...

And I don't think I'll be visiting you anytime soon ... especially if you're going to cook dinner ... I don't care for a 'side order' of 'Fire Trucks' when I'm eating ...

Seriously, Please be careful

Love Ya and God Bless,
Pappy
Have always liked to cook, and it makes me sad not to have the energy to put the effort into making a meal. Seldom cook for others, having my friend Theresa staying with me is good for me. The only problem she doesn't feel like eating, even if I cook.

I sponsored a guy from Montreal, he was young about 28 I think while he looked for a male sponsor. He says people look at me funny, but I don't care, I want what JoAnne has. It was only after cooking for him for 3 months that I found out he was a trained French Chef. I just about died. He said, "It is okay, you think like a chef." One of the nicest compliments I have ever received. These days, haven't done a lot of thinking one way or the other. It is bad when what you like doing becomes a chore.

LOL! That was one of many, too numerous to remember let alone tell.

I sponsored a young guy for a short time until he found a male sponsor. He said, "I don't care if people look at me funny (a sponsor opposite your sexual preference), I want what she has.

He had been in my home about 3 months and I invited him to come and share my birthday dinner. He asked if there was anything he could do and I said, "The fixings are in the refrigerator, you can make the salad."

When I looked at what he did, I saw a salad with a rose made out of a tomato, he peeled the skin and curled it around in the shape of a flower and used the green part of a scallion, to make two leaves coming out from the rose. I was overwhelmed, pleased, and just bubbling all over. I said, "How did you do that? Where did you learn to do that?" He replied, "Maybe I forgot to tell you that I am a trained French Chef." I just about died of shock. I said, "You mean, you are a French Chef and I have been feeding you for the last 3 months. He said, "Don't worry Jo, you think like a chef." It took a long time to get over the horror and the delight of having had an affirmation about my cooking from someone so qualified.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote