View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 15

GOD AND ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS

“To some extent we have become God-conscious.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 85

“The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you.” Mark 4:11

For what it’s worth: Repeatedly slapping God in the face and cursing Him was a sure way to hell. Alcoholism was the speeding train I was taking to get there. Instead, God derailed that train, rescued me from the wreck, and carried me to the doors of Alcoholics Anonymous. I can never fully express my gratitude Alcoholics Anonymous was there for me when I desperately needed it. Seventy-three years ago, God brought together certain of his children into a specific place in time where He gave them “the secret to the kingdom of God” for us drunks. I grew up spiritually in Alcoholics Anonymous and became aware of God’s unconditional love in my daily life, and I would not be surprised to learn He had me in mind when He inspired the beginning of Alcoholics Anonymous. My Heavenly Father knew Alcoholics Anonymous was the only way for me to grow close to Him. At my first meeting He introduced me to people who understood me and spoke the “language of the heart” as they guided me up the Twelve Steps to a life of purpose and joy and right into my Heavenly Father’s arms. Now, if I can only stay put.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: