View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 2

THAT FRESH, BUBBLING SPRING

“The most satisfactory years of your existence lie ahead.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 152

“It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.” John 4:14

For what it's worth: Alcohol betrayed me. I sought solace but found shame. Instead of the escape alcohol promised, I was made its slave. It has been just the opposite with Alcoholics Anonymous. I expected nothing. I arrived with a heart full of rage and hate, but my soul was empty. Over the years of my sobriety, Alcoholics Anonymous healed my heart and filled my soul. I have experienced a spiritual awakening as the result of the Twelve Steps, and I trust the best is yet to come. Indeed, there is something deep within my being that was never there before. I sometime sense it when I am quiet with my Heavenly Father. Perhaps it is that “fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life”.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: