View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 5

SELF-INFLICTED RESENTMENT

"The godless in heart harbor resentment." Job 36:13

"From it (resentment) stem all forms of spiritual disease." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 64

For what it's worth: Alcohol poured over my character defects caused all manner of spiritual disease, and my godless heart harbored many resentments. Once I was sober in Alcoholics Anonymous, I quickly learned resentment "destroys more alcoholics than anything else". Many sober years of applying the Twelve Steps to my life made me aware of God's presence in my heart and left no room for resentment. When one squirms back, it is vital I attack immediately, seeking my Heavenly Father's grace and using the Tenth Step to identify my weakness. Usually, the cause is me being self-absorbed in some sneaky way with self-seeking motives, and my disease is trying to creep back through the break in my spiritual condition. Steps Six and Seven are necessary for willingness to beg my Heavenly Father's help, and Step Eleven is my way back to surrendering my will to His.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: