View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 7

THE LEAST I CAN DO

"Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God." Romans 15: 7

"...I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 417

For what it's worth: During my active alcoholic years, as soon as anyone showed any hint of not understanding me, based on my warped judgment, they were thrown into my people-garbage can. Soon, it was loaded to the brim, and I was alone. After too many years of suffering, my loneliness dissolved with sobriety and membership in Alcoholics Anonymous. The people there accepted me just as the mess I was, and taught me to try the same with others. Years of practice were rewarded with acceptance of others without judgment. Certainly, this parents peace, but I do my best to accept others "in order to bring praise to God", not me. This is the least I can do to thank Him for accepting this worthless drunk.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: