View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 10

RAGE RELIEVED

“God save me from being angry.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 67

“A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.” Proverbs 29:11

For what it’s worth: Rage reigned in me. And it showed to everyone but me. Alcohol released the beast, but blinded me it was out. Miraculously, sobriety and the Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous opened my eyes to see I was full of anger at God, myself, and a full range of other people, places and things. Years of hard, persistent work with the Twelve Steps, combined with professional care, relieved the rage. Still, each day I need to do as suggested in the Eleventh Step: “pause, when agitated or doubtful, and ask for the right thought or action”. I even have to ask my Heavenly Father to help me remember to pause.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: