View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 12

GO TO ANY LENGTH

"Strengthen the hands that are feeble, make firm the knees that are weak, say to those whose hearts are frightened: Be strong, fear not!" Isaiah 35: 3-4

"Reminding ourselves that we have decided to go to any lengths to find a spiritual experience, we ask that we be given strength and direction to do the right thing, no matter what the personal consequences may be." Alcoholics Anonymous, page79

For what it's worth: Going to any length for a drink was common during my drinking years, resulting in a feeble mind, weak knees, a frightened heart, and an empty soul. God saw His suffering child and rescued me from the gates of hell into an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. There I was told I had "to go to any lengths" to say out of hell, and I would need God's strength to do so. Even sober, I hesitated to ask because I was afraid of God. I had harmed many of His children and expected to be punished. Mercifully, when I hurt enough to ask, my Heavenly Father enlightened my feeble mind, strengthened my weak knees, gave hope to my frightened heart, faith to my empty soul, and direction to my life. It seemed to me these blessings came slowly, but my Heavenly Father probably saw my surrender to His will as sluggish. Today, on His schedule, His gifts continue to be the personal consequences of submitting to His will instead of remaining in my comfort zone. So, next He asks, I will do all I can to go to any length for Him.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: