View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 04:12 AM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

So glad that the Serenity Prayer can not be worn out. It has been a true blessing to me. Short and to the point, it allows me recognize that of myself I am nothing, with God all things are possible.

One of the biggest results of prayer is the fact that I am sober 22 years. For that alone, I will be eternally grateful.

Prayer has been the answer for me for so many years. So many times I found myself stressed, only to feel the hand of my God, touch me and bring me peace. I always liked the saying, "God answer's knee-mail." The old knee doesn't allow me to go there any more but I think it is the surrender of the mind and spirit as much as it is the body, so have to accept 2 out of 3 these days.

The most important thing that I have learned is that is good to pray but it is more important to be still and listen for the answers. Faith for me isn't praying over and over again for the same thing, but praying and leaving things in God's Hands. I do pray and put a person in God's Hands and give them what they need instead of putting a request as to what I think they need. Not easy, but I try not to play God with other people's lives these days.

Today, I broke my rule of only buying $3. worth of Nevada Tickets. I spent $5. and didn't get anything. I was in the process of beating myself up while walking out of the mall and met up with an Al-Anon member. If I hadn't stopped to play the tickets I would have missed her. $5. is a small price to pay for a mini-meeting. I just tried to put some good into a not so good thing.

Posted in 2011

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote