View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
This is a spiritual program, not a religious one. It is finding the power of our belief in something other than ourselves. Yet for me, this power is within me, when I surrender and say my way doesn't work, I am empowered to do what I need to do for myself from the Source, from which all Creation flows.

For me it was so important to limit this power by my "human" concept, but to be open minded and look for God in all things and be open to receiving messages through His messengers.

God isn't the burning bush, but the flower on the bush. He isn't always the bright shining light, but the glimmer and glow that comes from within. He isn't a man of religion, yet if that man's words are divinely inspired, they can empower us.

We are empowered to be Co-Creators of our own Universe.

Because recovery is a spiritual program, and all the Steps have Spiritual Principles, I am hoping that we can all come together and share our recovery.

Powerlessness, willingness, honesty, courage, faith, etc. are all parts of recovery no matter what substance you used to feed your addiction, the Steps are a tool to a better way of life. I can't think my way into good living, I have to live my way into good thinking.

I used alcohol like I used other substances to escape my reality. I am an alcoholic who chooses not to drink today. I am an addict whose drug of choice (in the moment) was always more. I could stop many times, but I could not stay stopped. It was only through the healing and the growth of working the Steps, that I found a Higher Power and the ability to stay stopped.

Written by me in 2005 at 14 years sober.

I not only was able to stay clean and sober, but it helped me deal with all the outside issues I had regarding abuse, mental issues like anxiety and depression, emotional trauma like seeing my brother killed when I was 3 and took on the guilt that it was all my fault, anger, rejection, abandonment, etc.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 08-01-2015 at 02:42 AM. Reason: format
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: