Thread: Acceptance
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
"Accepting God's Gifts"

"It is necessary for all of us to accept whatever positive gifts we receive with a deep humility, always bearing in mind that our negative attitudes were first necessary as a means of reducing us to such a state that we would be ready for a gift of the positive ones via the conversion experience. Your own alcoholism and the immense deflation that finally resulted are indeed the foundation upon which your spiritual experience rests."

© 1967, As Bill Sees It, page 168
Acceptance is one of the spiritual principles of Step One. I was told that I had to do the first half of this step 100%, and I was warned that the second half was conditional to my spiritual connection, one day at a time.

When I accepted my disease, surrendered my day to my Higher Power, got honest with me, then my life would be manageable. If I didn't have these spiritual principles, and tried to manage my own life, then it certainly would become unmanageable, and would stay so until such a time, as I could find the honest, surrender and acceptance I need to bring myself back to my center and connected to the God of my understanding.

Had this thought in 2004 and ten years later, it is still applicable I today. This is why I love this program, it is one day at a time program. God is as He reveals Himself to me I today. The program is applicable as it unfolds in today.

The program is applicable to all areas of my life. When in doubt, go back to Step One. My life is unmanageable when managed by me. I think my lesson in all this is to take some quiet time and not try to fill up my day with busy. I haven't been doing as much meditation as I normal do the last few weeks. It has been more about asking and not being open to receiving. I need to accept where I am at and where my son is at in his life and allow things to unfold as they should, not as I would like them to be.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote