Thread: Control
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Not sure about you, but I played many roles and loved those songs, and sang along and made believe they were me. Lived in a world of fantasy, and thought I was in control, which was an illusion and the reality was, I was in my own private hell.

I thought I knew everything. I am a leading authority on everything, just ask me. I was called Odd Job Jo(e), Gravy Jo, and I was always hearing, give it to Jo, she will do it. I thought it was because I was smart. It was because I didn't know how to say "No" get someone else to do it.

I had to change everything: All my preconceived ideas, thoughts, and notions. All my misconceptions, my perceptions, and I disagreeumptions had to be all reprogrammed through different eyes.

To do this, I had to get out of my own way, and to do that I went to meetings and I listened to people share at meetings. I listened to what they said, and I heard how other people lived their lives and how they thought. They gave me new insight into living clean and sober. They laid out a plan for living a new way of life, I just had to stay out of the way and let my Higher Power put these people in my life, to show me the way.

My sponsor told me, "You can learn two things at a meeting. How to work your program and how not to work your program." I know I repeat myself quite often, but it is true. Why say something different, when those are the words that worked for me 20 years ago and still work for me in today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote