View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 07:29 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 6

Do unto others...

Snapping at a friend often results in being snapped at in return. That doesn't surprise us. Accusations generally elicit an angry defense from others and an argument. That comes as no surprise either. By contrast, being loving and compassionate toward the people in our lives generally results in others returning love and compassion to us. Why, then, is it harder to express love?

The fear of rejection is strong for many of us. Offering love while fearing it won't be returned makes us feel too vulnerable. However, the principles we are being exposed to through this program will help us understand that we do receive from others what we give. The scales are balanced. Remembering that before responding to anyone around us will make our lives far more peaceful.

I will know what to expect from others today by how I treat them. I pray to be kind and loving.

You are reading from the book:

A Life of My Own by Karen Casey
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote