View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 01:39 AM   #31
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Monday, March 31, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Sanity

Once, a long time ago, I was able to eat a small amount of extra food between meals and then stop. I enjoyed it very much. Over the years, that small amount became more and more. Somewhere along the line, I crossed the boundary of rational eating and moved into an area of insane bingeing.

Now, when the old urge comes for a small amount of extra food, I need to remember that I am incapable of stopping after a reasonable amount. For me, the first compulsive bite is now the point of no return. Once I take it, I cross immediately into insanity.

How do I remember? I need protection against the arrogant, willful delusion that "This time I will be able to handle it; this time I will get away with cheating just a little bit." How can I protect myself?

Step One says that we are powerless over food. From sad experience, I know this to be a fact. Step Two says that we "came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity." My protection comes from this Higher Power.

Keep me sane, Lord.
As they say, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

A good example for insanity, is eating more, when what you already have eaten is enough. That disease of 'more' which tells us we are hungry, and we try to fill the void that seems to be bottomless. In order to take away that empty feeling, I had to fill myself up with spiritual things.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links