View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 09:39 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 21

Wisdom for Today
“Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path.” This is the miracle and the stumbling block of the program. I recall feeling like such a failure in my life because of my addiction. I was doing everything that I did not want to do and nothing that I wanted to do. I really did not want to hurt all the people I hurt. I really did not want to experience all the consequences that addiction to alcohol and drugs supplied. I really did not want to get to a point where I would have to use just to feel normal. But this is exactly what happened with my disease, and I was left feeling like a failure.

This sentence provided me with a real sense of hope. The sheer number of people I saw at meetings provided me with hope. I saw the miracle working for others, and this sentence gave me hope that I could get clean and sober as well. All I had to do was thoroughly follow the path. Yet this is where the stumbling block is for so many. I am willing to do everything except ... . This is what made me fall on my face, and I have watched as others fell on their face as well – all because I was not willing to thoroughly follow the path. Surrender is what finally put me on this pathway to recovery. Am I willing to be thorough today?
Meditations for the Heart
I am not sure when it happened, but somewhere along the line I realized that everything that was happening to me in recovery was a gift. It was not something I earned, but something that was given to me. There are many times when I have strayed away from the path of recovery only to be led back. When I stray, I don’t always drink or use. Most of the time it is not going to a meeting or not using and working the steps. I act just like a dumb sheep that wanders away from the flock. Fortunately, my Higher Power is a Good Shepherd that leads me back time and time again. I could never have gotten clean and sober on my own. Recovery is the gift I have been given. My Higher Power keeps me on the path. Do I see the gift that recovery is?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

If it were up to me I would have failed over and over again. My way never seems to work. But You have all power, and it is You that keep me on the path. I know I have to walk this path and that no one can walk this path for me, but it is You that keeps me on the path. Thank You for leading me today.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: