View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 10:04 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 24

Wisdom for Today

It seems to me that all of us are faced with three choices when we look at the concept of God, as we understand Him. I do believe there is a significant variation within these three choices, but I have accepted that each of us in recovery really have only these three choices. The first choice is that there is a God. The second choice is there is no god. And the third choice is, I am god. I think these are the choices we all face.

Looking at these choices, it is easy to see that I am not god. While it is true that I have gravitated to behaving this way at times, when I try and control the universe and make things go my way and in my time, I can see that I am not powerful enough to be god. I could choose to believe there is no god, but this would make me believe that the universe has no origin and simply rushes about going nowhere. That’s practically impossible to believe. The last choice is to believe there is a God, who cares about all people. I have no problem believing in a higher power - alcohol and drugs certainly were more powerful than I. I turned my will and my life over to addiction and watched my life being destroyed. I have also seen many miracles at meetings - people who were just as beaten down as I was, who were freed from the bondage to this disease. Who did that? Do I believe there is a Higher Power that can and does restore addicts and alcoholics?

Meditations for the Heart

The spiritual life is filled with choices. Do I believe, am I willing to trust, will I wait, and can I let go are just a few of the choices. Each day brings new spiritual choices. The sad thing is that most of us don’t take the time to see these choices. This refusal to see these choices paradoxically in and of itself is a choice. Every situation that I face in every day that I live, I have spiritual choices. Do I have to control this, or do I have to do this all by myself, or can I ask for help are a part of my days. I can choose to believe, and I can choose to look at life through spiritual eyes. Or I can walk blindly through my days. Do I look for ways to include spirituality in my decision making process?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,
Too often I walk through my day with blinders on and refuse to see the whole picture that is life. Help me to take these blinders off and see the spiritual side of life as well. Let me find new ways to open my eyes as I walk through this day.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: