View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 28

Wisdom for Today
In looking at myself and my actions throughout the day, I have a tendency to quickly jump through my list and not really look at the problems I experience very closely. I think this is true for all of us. No one likes to look at his or her problems. I have natural defenses that pop up and try to block me from honestly evaluating what has happened. Yet I know that if I really want to grow in my recovery, I need to take a close look at my problems. I need to take inventory.

It typically is not that I am unwilling; it is just that I am in a hurry, or I want to make light of my problems. I do have a choice however. I can chose to slow down and not make excuses and look closely at my behavior and my motives. I can chose to learn from my experiences in life, or I can keep doing things the same way. When I am willing to look at my role in the problems I experience and at what I was hoping to accomplish, when I look at why I behaved the way I did and the choices I made, then I open the door to growth. Growth is a choice. It is not always easy, but it always is of benefit to me. Am I willing to keep growing in my recovery?
Meditations for the Heart
I think that there are times when each of us in recovery gets stuck. I find there are times when I just stagnate or get lazy or simply avoid the work needed to keep growing. Generally these stuck points do not threaten my recovery if I am willing to get back on track and do what I need to do. I know, however, that these stuck points in my recovery if ignored can really get me in trouble. They are no different than my addiction to alcohol and drugs – short-term gain and long-term pain. In these times when I get stuck in my recovery and can’t seem to move forward, it becomes especially important for me to turn to my Higher Power. I need to ask for help again to get unstuck, whatever the problem. Whether it is fear, sadness, shame and anger or hurt that blocks me, I need to turn this over to God and open the door to growing past my stuck point. Early in my recovery seeds of hope were planted in my life, took root and started to grow. I have a choice. I can wait for someone to bring me flowers, which never happens; or I can grow my own with God’s help. Do I continue to work in my garden to grow the flowers of my life?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

You know everything about me. You have examined my heart and know my inmost motives. Teach me to recognize the motives I have and help me to choose healthy motives for my behavior. Let me follow after You today in all that I do. Should I get stuck along the way, help me to find the courage I need to move onward and continue to grow in my recovery, a recovery that is a gift from You.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: