Thread: Trusting God
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

Trusting God Part 2 - In God's Waiting Room

by Gail Rodgers
Susan felt like she had been waiting forever for God to work out a circumstance in her life. Her patience was wearing out and she was tiring of being in God’s waiting room.

When her Christian friend told her to keep praying about it she felt irritated. She had been praying and nothing was happening! Her resolve to trust God, even in the dark, was beginning to falter..
God understands our human heart and our impatience as we wait on Him. He reminds us to keep trusting Him and He calls us to keep giving our circumstances to Him.
Susan’s heart felt God’s tug as she read this verse from her Bible…
“Commit your way unto the Lord, trust also in Him and He will bring it to pass.” Psalm 37:5
This is God’s call to your heart today. Have you taken back what God is asking you to trust Him with? Are you fretting and stewing about something that He wants you to commit to Him and leave in His hand?
Give Him your concern and your unanswered circumstance today. Write it out on a piece of paper and tuck it in your Bible. Whenever the concern of it threatens to overwhelm you, take out the paper and be reminded of this day when you committed this concern to Him. Refresh your trust in your God and ask for His help as you wait for Him to bring the conclusion to pass. Don’t take back what you have committed to His faithful keeping.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
I thank You today for Your Word and the reminder that I can commit my questions and confusion to You. Father I want to leave them in Your care and not take them back to fret and worry about. I declare my trust in You for my particular circumstance today. Thank You for Your promise. Help me to be steadfast in my commitment and in my trust of You, my faithful God.
In Jesus’ strong name I pray, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: