Thread: Trusting God
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

Trusting God Part 5 - Don't Forget

by Gail Rodgers
Trusting God seemed so hard for Darcy today. She knew deep down that she could trust God to guide her and show her the way through her difficulty, but this morning she didn’t feel thankful for anything. In fact she felt sorry for herself. Darcy hadn’t realized that, during those times when trusting God can be hard, there are two things that tend to happen.

First, she began to loose her spirit of thanksgiving and praise to God. Then she began to become self absorbed and her thoughts, prayers and actions centered around “poor me”. These two things, left alone, can steer one in the direction of despair. And Darcy could feel it today!
God is so aware of the tendency of our hearts to turn to discouragement and self focus. Listen to the words He gives us as encouragement and guidance when such times want to overtake us.
“Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others for with such sacrifices God is pleased.” Hebrews 13:15 & 16
Praising God when things are hard is sometimes the last thing we feel like doing. God understands this and actually calls our praise a sacrifice, which it truly is when we offer it in spite of our circumstances and feelings. God also knows we can’t do this in our own strength but “through Jesus” we can. This means we tell God exactly how we are feeling and yet we make the choice to give Him our praise through the strength and power of Jesus. God says this is the evidence or “fruit” of lips that claim to be His child.
He also knows how self focused we can get when times are difficult. He calls us not to forget to have an outward view to help and share with others. In times when we least feel like doing this it also becomes a sacrifice God is pleased with.
And something happens when we choose to make the sacrifice of praising God and reaching out to others when our discouraged heart would rather not. It changes our outlook…it changes our heart…it brings life into perspective and God, who is pleased with such a sacrifice,
knows your own load will lighten as you take these two steps.
If you are in a valley today and seeking to trust God with all your heart, He will help you.
Choose a thankful heart today and choose to take your eyes off your circumstances. With praise, keep your eyes focused upward on Him and outward to others. It will make a difference that will amaze you.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
I confess that today my eyes have been on my own feelings and circumstances. Through the power of Jesus, I choose today to give You my praise. I choose a thankful heart. Help me to keep my focus on You and look to reach out to those around me. Help me to be kind and generous today and to do these things as a sacrifice to You. Thank you that you know me and will use this choice in my life to strengthen and encourage my own heart today. I love you Lord.
I ask this in the name of Jesus, Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: