Thread: Accepting Life
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

What do I Accept?

1. Do I accept I have an addiction to substances?
2. Do I accept my addiction is a disease, that cannot be cured?
3. Do I accept that all mood altering substances are all equally bad for me because of my disease of addiction?
4. Do I accept I cannot change past events that happened to me or my past actions?
5. Do I accept I cannot control other people?
6. Do I accept that I am responsible for the effort I put into my recovery and my life, but I cannot control the outcomes?
7. Do I accept that bad things do happen to people in recovery?
8. Do I accept that there is no situation, good or bad , that a drink or drug won't make worse
9. Do I accept that if I do not change my thinking and my attitude, my recovery may be at risk?
10. Do I accept that if I keep doing what I did, I'll keep getting what I got?
11. Do I accept that when I am drinking or using I become a slave to the alcohol or drugs and it is my master?
12. Do I accept that I can learn something from every situation good or bad if I am open to learning?
13. Do I accept that recovery is hard work and requires rigorous honesty?
14. Do I accept that the 12 steps (of any of our programs) work if I work the steps?
15. Do I accept suggestions?
16. Do I accept I cannot control situations or people , but I can control how I respond to them
17. Do I accept that recovery needs to be the number 1 priority in my life?
18. Do I accept that I have choices today and I need to accept the consequences of my choices?
19. Do I accept there are always excuses to use or drink but they are all lies I tell to myself
20. Do I accept that when I was drinking or using my Higher Power was drugs and alcohol (gambling, sex, food etc)
21. Do I accept that if I continue to drink or drug my options in life are" insanity, jail, or death?
22. Do I accept that I am responsible for my own recovery, others may help , but the responsibility is mine?

by. Del Larkin

I had to accept that I used people, places and things, and that the substance was but a symptom of my disease, the problem was me. It didn't matter what I picked up or what or who I used, it was me who had the dis-ease and it was me looking outside of myself, trying to make me feel better. I am grateful for the 12 Step programs that allow me to heal from the use of ALL substance and aspects of my dis-ease.

I had to accept that ALL substances cause the same defects of character and shortcomings, no matter what I use(d), I have to accept my powerless and turn it all over to the God of my understanding, surrender and through my Higher Power, I am empowered to stay clean and sober just for today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image00712.jpg (20.1 KB, 1 views)

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote