Thread: Accepting Life
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Self-Acceptance

"The most effective means of achieving self-acceptance is through applying the Twelve Steps of recovery."

IP No. 19, "Self-Acceptance"

NA JFT August 26
Mine was nil, mostly because for most of my life that I wasn't acceptable. I was this creature with so much wrong with her, how could anyone, let alone myself accept me. I came from a very low place, and I am so grateful for the program and the opportunity to rebuild my life.

Just for today: Self-acceptance is a process set in motion by the Twelve Steps. Today, I will trust the process, practice the steps, and learn to better accept myself.

Recovery is a process, just for today, I choose to work the program. Through working the program, I can grow into the person I would like to be and who is liked by others.

Service had a big part of my recovery and it was through it that I found that self-esteem and self-acceptance.

Through the program, I could pass through the darkness into the sunshine. I am no angel, but my guardian angel leads and guides me.

Until I can find that place of acceptance, I stay stuck. I don't have to like it, I just have to accept what is in the moment, knowing it is subject to change, which can be negative or positive.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote