View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 08:18 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 20

Wisdom for Today

In the program I have learned many valuable lessons. Perhaps one of the most important is to let the future take care of itself. Everything works out well as long as I stay clean and sober and work my program. All I really need to focus on is today. I no longer need to worry about tomorrow. Now if this sounds like staying clean and sober means that I will never have problems in the future, this is not true. The problems I do have in recovery are certainly better than the problems I had when I was drinking and getting wasted. And any new problems I may experience in the future, I know that I have the tools to deal with them.

Each morning I wake up and start a new day, I can be grateful for the day I was just given. Any problem that I have, I can be grateful knowing that the steps and the fellowship can help me get through. This does not mean that every problem I have will be solved the way I would want them to; it just means that I know God will give me the strength and guidance to deal with any problem I experience. I know this to be true because I have had many difficult problems cross my desk in recovery. Time and time again, I find that I am given what I need to deal with these problems. Have I stopped worrying about tomorrow?

Meditations for the Heart

It's all good! This does not mean that everything is fundamentally good on the surface of things. What is does mean is that my Higher Power cares about me and that He has found a purpose for me in this life. I continue to be surprised by the ways that God leads me, and I am amazed at how He puts me to work. I have come to believe that God indeed has a plan for me. I do not always understand what this plan is when it is happening, but I am amazed when the plan not only works but also makes sense. Even when I have struggled in some difficult situations, I am given the strength to handle them. I learn from these struggles, and I share my stories, and I trust that God will use these stories to help others. I trust this because I know I have benefited from the stories of others. The world does not always make sense, and often times is filled with pain, but one thing I am sure of is that His plan for me makes sense and ultimately will bring me peace and serenity. Am I willing to trust God's plan for me?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,
I trust that You have a plan for me. Let me be willing to follow the directions I am given. Let me follow Your lead one day at a time. Today, I will walk down a pathway in my recovery. Help me to trust that this journey is planned by You.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: