November 26

Prayer of Thanksgiving

God,

In this Thanksgiving year of 2020,
when we are separated from family and friends,
when it’s hard to travel and gather together,
and celebrate Thanksgiving as we’ve done in the past,
help us to embrace what is.
Help us to give thanks within the uncertainty.
Help us to give thanks within our sorrow, within our fears.
In all things, may we open our hearts and give You thanks.
Amen.

-- Sandra Lucas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

You get the power to overcome drinking through the fellowship of other alcoholics who came before you.

You get that power by honestly sharing your past experience. You get that power by coming to believe in a Higher Power, the Divine Principle in the universe which can help you. You get that power by working with other alcoholics. In these four ways, thousands of alcoholics have found all the power they needed to overcome drinking.

So ............

Am I ready and willing to accept this power and work for it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Greatest Power

The power of God's spirit is the greatest power in the universe. Our conquest of each other, the great kings and conquerors, the conquest of wealth, the leaders of the money society, all amount to very little in the end. But one that conquers oneself is greater than one who conquers a city. Material things have no permanence. But God's spirit is eternal. Everything really worth while in the world is the result of the power of God's spirit.

Today, I seek to open myself to the power of God's spirit. Also, I pray that my relationships with others may be improved by this spirit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There Is A Solution

If you are as seriously alcoholic as we were, we believe there is no middle-of-the-road solution. We were in a position where life was becoming impossible, and if we had passed into the region from which there is no return through human aid, we had but two alternatives: One was to go on to the bitter end, blotting out the consciousness of our intolerable situation as best we could; and the other, to accept spiritual help. This we did because we honestly wanted to, and were willing to make the effort.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 25

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.” -- Tecumseh (1768 1812)
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote