View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Saturday, July 5, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Ignore the Craving

Old habits die hard, and for a long time we may experience our old craving for that "small," compulsive bite. The craving will not hurt us, and eventually it will pass if we ignore it. If we give in to the craving, it does not go away but becomes stronger. To feed the craving is to pour gasoline on a fire.

When we experience the craving for unnecessary food, we need to find something else to occupy our attention. If possible, we should physically remove ourselves from the tempting situation. If that is impossible, we need to ask our Higher Power for the strength to remain abstinent and to ignore the demands of our over blown appetite. God never allows us to be tempted beyond our ability to endure. He is always here to support us when we turn and ask for help.

May I listen to You and ignore harmful cravings.
It was brought to my attention that I couldn`t crave something unless I picked it up and ingested it. The one is good and more is better, is the thinking behind my disease.

My disease is an allergy (I don`t react to food like others do) and obsession of my mind. Even when I am not eating or using food, I am think of it, and it becomes my whole world. It is about getting, and getting more what ever is on my mind. For me it is chocolate brownies, and I had to turn them over to my Higher Power to have the obsession taken from me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote