View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 01:16 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sunday, July 6, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Dual Personalities

It is as if we are each two people. When we are abstaining, we are calm, confident, and capable of handling the demands of every day. When we are in contact with our Higher Power, we have the right mental perspective and God's peace and love in our hearts.

Slipping back into the old attitudes and habits of our compulsive overeating days brings back our frightened, confused, and despairing selves. We lose our ability to function efficiently. We are antagonistic to those around us. Worst of all, we are cut off from the source of strength and light.

Remembering that the negative personality will destroy us makes us more determined not to give in to it. Abstinence, day by day, is our safety. Reliance on the OA group, our Twelve Step program, and our Higher Power keeps us living the good, new life of freedom.

Deliver me from my negative personality.
This is were I don't always agree, I believe that life is not all positive, and in all things there is a negative and it is how we look at it and deal with it that is important.

The same things is that things may appear all negative, but I think if I look, I will find some goodness there. Maybe because that use to be me.

I also find that a lot of the recovery stories are all cheer and no reality. It took me three years to realize that life and reality sucked!

It is about how I choose to live my life, facing all things as they are, not just as I would have them be.

My eating habits are not good. My God and I are working on them, some days are better than others.

When I work with my meditation cards, they have a negative and positive side. A friend who introduced me to them said, "If you get a card upside down you need to look at the negative side." Later I told her that I leave all my cards upright, and it is up to me to look at the positive and negative and take ownership, for what is in reality. Most days it is positive, but on other days, I really need to read the negative and what I need to do to change.

Try to keep my mind positive. I really have a problem with someone who says they prepared for the worst case scenario, and when it didn't happened he was happy and grateful. This is hot positive, what I put out I attract. There is a really good chance all that negativity will heap itself onto me and I will have to deal with it.

I am not my disease, but I can still act out in it today, I have a choice. I am grateful that the person that was is no more.

What is good for someone, may not be good for someone else. It is all energy, that can be exchanged, released, accepted, and it passes, and can be different an hour from now, a day from now, or even a year. That is why it is a one day at a time program.

Sorry for the long post, something I feel very strongly about.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 07-06-2014 at 01:21 AM. Reason: format
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote