View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 05:02 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wednesday, July 9, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Tension or Hunger?

How often have we eaten because of tension, rather than hunger? Accepting our need for three measured meals a day with nothing in between establishes a sensible pattern, which satisfies our need for nourishment. When we are tense, we can find ways of relaxing which do not harm our body by making it fat.

Learning to relax the stomach muscles helps get rid of tension hunger. Often when we have eaten too fast because of tension, our stomach continues to send hunger signals after the meal. There has not been enough time for the digestive process to register satisfaction. We can consciously relax the muscles so that the feeling of emptiness will go away.

The best cure for tension is a growing faith in our Higher Power. If we are willing to trust Him in the little things of each day, as well as the big events of our life, we will be able to relax and cultivate serenity.

Dissolve my tension and feed my hunger, I pray.
So many of our feelings we perceive as hunger. We have to recognize that the hunger doesn't always have to be physical, our body can be telling us we need food for our mind, spirit and our emotions.

So much of our pain is triggered by tension. Tension is a big trigger for Fibromyalgia, that is one of the many reason I have to work this program daily and on all aspects of my disease.

So many years I stuffed my feelings.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote