View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 02:39 AM   #15
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tuesday, July 15, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Clean Abstinence

It is easy to become sloppy in our abstinence and in our program. This is where a daily inventory is an invaluable aid. When we catch ourselves cheating just a little on measurements, making excuses to skip meetings, neglecting to follow the promptings of our Higher Power, it is time for housecleaning.

If we have stopped calling in our food plan and are having trouble with abstinence, we may need to get in touch with a food sponsor. Many of us find it hard to admit that we cannot do everything alone! False pride can be our downfall. If we pretend that all is well when it is not, we cut ourselves off from the help of the group.

The time to correct small mistakes is immediately, before they get bigger and make us discouraged. Admitting the mistake to another person clears the way for correction and change.

Thank You for those who help me maintain clean abstinence.
When I think on the topic, the words that came to mind were, "It isn't just about our disease and food, it is about have clean thoughts, which will allow me to stay away from active addiction.

When food takes over my thought patterns, I am in my disease. It is about me getting honest with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote