View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 04:05 AM   #21
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Saturday, June 21, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

To be able to invite pain to join in my experience and not have to control my life to avoid pain is such a freedom!
—Christina Baldwin

If we really stopped to think about it, we would be astounded to discover how much of our time is spent trying to avoid pain. We are afraid to say what we think or tell others our needs because we fear rejection. We are afraid to face the pain of our own anger. We are afraid of telling others who we are. When we are afraid of opening up to others for fear they will hurt us, we are not free, we are prisoners of our own fears.

Pain is a natural part of life, and we are gifted with the ability to feel it. Pain teaches us, makes us work harder sometimes, and it helps us appreciate pleasure.

When we accept pain, and stop exhausting ourselves trying to avoid it, we will be free to live life more fully and without so much worry.

How has my own fear limited my freedom?
Fear was according to old taps, not doing things right, making mistakes. Fear of judgment, rejection, abandonment, and lack of acceptance. I became a people-pleaser looking for validation, affirmation, love and acceptance because I couldn't find it within myself.

With pain, a lot of it is lack of faith. They often say in the fellowships, "Think of the worst case scenario," and for me that was very negative. What you put out to the Universe, you get back. Having faith that my God is the Master Healer, and I try not to give up my power. I try not to put my life on hold and allow the pain to rule my day and dictate as to what I can do or not do. Sometimes you don't recognize things when you are in it, but with prayer, awareness and clarity is given and we can receive the nudges (saw that in another reading and loved it), that we need to get out of our Head Space and find our way back to our Heart.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote