View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #22
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sunday, June 22, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

When fate hands us a lemon, let's try to make lemonade.
—Dale Carnegie

Good fortune is built on misfortune. By losing a race we learn what mistakes to avoid next time we run. A burglar may make us install the lock that will keep out a murderer. Each time a toddler falls is a lesson in how to walk.

We can never assume that, because things are not going the way we want, they are not following a better plan. God is a better manager than we can hope to be. If things aren't shaping up the way we like, let's wait with curiosity to see that better things are in store for us. Let's look for lights in the darkness and follow them to the bright day that always will follow. We will remember our lessons of misfortune with gratitude.

What can I learn from delay today?
It generally means I got a head of myself or it means, take a time out, when you do, you will feel better and be more capable of doing what you need to do if you take care of yourself.

It can also mean, pause and think, connect with your God and see if you are on the right track. Give pause to think, did I miss a lesson, do I need to process something, from the past or in today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote