View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 04:38 AM   #25
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wednesday, June 25, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
—Ursula K. LeGuin

Billy and his dad were excited about Fan Appreciation Night. They wanted to get one of the souvenir baseballs thrown into the stands. As they hurried toward their seats, they saw a man drop a ten-dollar bill. Billy picked up the money.

"Hey, Mister," he said loudly. The man in front of him turned around. "You dropped this." Billy handed him the money.

"Thank you," said the man. Billy returned to his dad. Just as they reached their row, a ball came sailing towards their empty seats. Someone from the row behind caught it. Billy swallowed hard. "I know," said his dad, looking at Billy, "But you did the right thing."

For his effort, Billy will bring home a souvenir far more lasting and valuable than a baseball or a ten-dollar bill. He will know the bittersweet feeling of making a sacrifice to do what is right.

What sacrifice have I made to do what is right?
In Jamie Sams' Book, "Sacred Pathways," she says that sacrifice meand to make sacred. I try to make my home a safe place. I can't sacrifice my sobriety or hurt others to make me feel good, so I need a safe place, to look at things and ask myself, "What would Jesus do? or "What would my Higher Power have me do in today, not only my Higher Good, but for the good of the whole.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote