Thread: No Big Deal!
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 07:40 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default No Big Deal!

No Big Deal!

Psalm 73:22-24: “I saw myself so stupid… But even so, you love me!” (vv.22-23 TLB).

Carefully I made out the grocery list so I would not forget anything. I checked off the items as I put them in the grocery basket. When I came to the soft drink aisle, I consulted my list for the brand my family wanted. I reached for the appropriate 24 pack and loaded it in the cart. After reviewing the list, I smiled with a sense of completion. Then I checked out and drove home to put it all away.

As we were emptying the bags, I heard a groan.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“You got caffeine-free regular soda instead of caffeine-free diet soda. How could you do that? Couldn’t you tell the difference?”

Immediately I felt the shame of “not doing it right.” I had tried hard to please everyone by getting all the correct items. How could I have failed?

Then to my amazement, I heard the following words come from my mouth. “I made a mistake.” “No big deal!” I thought. “I goofed, but it doesn’t make me less valuable.”

Slowly I am learning to live with my humanness and imperfection. It’s okay. God loves me anyway.

Lord, may I release myself and others

from the rigid rules of perfectionism,

even in the little daily areas of our lives.

Joan C. Webb
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links