View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Monday, November 3, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Learning Moderation

If we had known how to practice moderation, we would not have become compulsive overeaters. Following the abstinence guidelines enables us to eat moderately. Working the Twelve Steps teaches us moderation in other activities.

Knowing when to quit involves knowing ourselves. We tend to get carried away with our determination to finish a job today, to explain our life history to a new friend in one afternoon, to complete a major project in record time. The tendency to devour life rapidly in huge chunks can be as damaging as compulsive overeating.

It is the serenity we acquire from contact with our Higher Power that saves us from wearing ourselves out compulsively. An awareness of the quiet Power and order, which sustains all life calms our over, stimulated personalities. Dependence on God as we understand Him gives us the support and confidence we need to be content with moderate efforts and accomplishments.

Teach me to practice moderation.
Moderation must be a learned behaviour and/or a God given gift, it never was a part of my thought process or work behaviour over the years. It was all or nothing at all, in all that I did. Whether it came to food, work, or play.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote