View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing. I was told that the newcomer was the most important person in the room. I also found that many people focus on the new people, and forget that this is a one day at a time program, and an elder can hurt too.

My sponsor told me, if you woke up before 7 a.m. this morning, you have more sobriety than I have. I had about 3 years of sobriety and he had 20.

The only difference I have found, is the fact that I have had more practice trying to work the program. I am aware of more tools and have a bit more experience, but I have found, that when I am caught up in the situation in the moment, I can lose sight and not see until I can finally see and go "Dah!" don't you think it is time to Let Go and Let God, pray, and meditate and listen for the answers.

Many times I have needed my sponsor to make me aware, to share how the program worked for her, and redirect me to a possible solution. My best thinking got me to the doors of recovery, I need to remember that.

As my sponsor said to me in early recovery, take your thoughts and do a 180 deg. turn and do the opposite of what you always thought and did.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote