View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 03:13 AM   #15
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, August 15, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Inner Tigers

What we fear facing and dealing with is often inside. We may transfer our fear and irritation to external circumstances and the people around us, when what we need to do is look inside. Usually, we are our own worst enemy.

Our fears go back to a time when we were very young and relatively helpless. We may still be afraid of rejection, of being inferior, of being hurt with no one to take care of us. We may have an irrational fear of economic insecurity, which comes from a time when we were aware of financial problems but were too young to understand them.

Whether our inner tigers are real or made out of paper, we need to face them instead of eating to appease them. As we recover from compulsive overeating, many of the fears, which we had tried to bury with food, come to consciousness. With the Power greater than ourselves, we are able to tame the inner tigers.

Secure in Your care, may I not fear self-discovery.
They use to tell us many years ago to put a tiger in the tank.

Sometimes that is good, because it can motivate us to get our rears in gear and get on with life.

Over the years, we forget he is there, and that our insides are often in an uproar, and all the chaos, fears, and bug-a-boos, we think are there, creates a lot of issues we need to deal with. We fear to look, maybe because we know there is a tiger in there and we are fearful, forgetting that he is a friendly tiger.

With our God, we should not fear. Fear is lack of faith and not putting our trust in our God to see us through it.

I believe it says in the Big Book of AA, if you have fear, go back to Step 3.

It doesn't matter what substance got us into this situation, God is willing and able to help us with ALL things. We are asked to put our life into His Care. Not just a portion of it, not just the things we can't control, because control is an illusion. As I have posted many times, because I was told many times, "Control is an Illusion, I don't have the power." When I surrender to God's Will, we are empowered to do what we need to do in today, to stay clean and sober.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote