View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

"In God's Hands"

"When we look back, we realize that the things which came to us when we put ourselves in God's hands were better than anything we could have planned." ~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others pg. 100~

This is a very profound statement. Just think about it for a second. We surrendered our "selves" to God and life became better. This intertwined with the fact that we no longer planned the things we did and let God show us the way.

Is that the way you do things??? Well it seems to me that it has to be that way if one is to find the necessary psychic change that will catapult them into a new dimension of existence. If not we have not given ourselves fully to God, it doesn't seem to me that anything else will work!!!

We wonder why it is that we have certain problems and worries. It is pretty simple in reasoning. It is because we are still thinking using the image of self. In the KJV of the Bible it says in Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. If we use the image of self we have created in our mind we are conforming to this world!!!!

Conforming to this world is simply put, CHAOTIC!!! It seems to me that the God I understand meant things to be a lot simpler. He meant for us to all get along and had no vision of there being divided groups of people who used prejudice to make their decisions. Oh sure you might be asking why I use the word prejudice, well it is because when we use self to think about what we are going to do, we leave out all other possibilities. We make decisions without weighing all possibilities.

This is exactly why it is that we have so many problems. Life wasn't set-up to be that way. Life was set-up for us human beings to function with one another to survive. It was exactly when we met up with things we did not understand, that we used prejudice to explain those things. That even went as far as using preconceived ideas about other human beings. Of course this caused turmoil, and that is the way it has been ever since.

So let's take a look at the reasoning behind things becoming better after we put ourselves in God's hands. We stop trying to make reality and start living God's reality!!! Sure we have to make certain plans about the very close future (Like working, and paying our bills), but we no longer plan things. We go with the flow of life. It is when we make the great expectations we set ourselves up for disappointment. When we surrender we start to live for today, not tomorrow or yesterday. That is the way God set up life. That is to survive it day by day, and Oh yeah, those short time plans don?t necessarily apply to us either. We could live life a lot simpler and still survive.

It is when we start to walk away from the material things that we believe make up our life and move towards the spiritual aspects, things just get better. They just get better!!!
--Ed C.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote