View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Hi, I am JoAnne, and I am a recovering alcoholic and addict. The addict in me was addicted to prescription drugs, work/busy, and food. I have recovered from that hopeless state of mind and body, yet my dis-ease is always there, just waiting for me to pick up something else that will take me back to where I came from. i.e. Nevada Tickets and Lottery Tickets, my computer, my TV, and my habit of shutting off the world and picking up a book. Moderation is good, taking over my life is not so good, especially when it stands between me and who my God is in today.

I am divorced, living in a senior complex, and have a son who is still in active addiction, and that is why I also go to Al-Anon. I always qualified because of my parents and my ex-husbands, but as his disease increased, my attendance at Al-Anon increased.

For me, it is one day at a time. I need the program just as much in today as I did 21 years ago, because of chronic pain and fatigue. I am so grateful, for the 12 Step Program and this site that has been a big support for me and my recovery.

I hope you will join us on this road to recovery. We can do what I can't do alone.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 07-04-2014 at 06:02 PM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: