View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 12

Success is just a matter of luck. Ask any failure.
--Edmund Wilson

Jim worked very hard all day cleaning cars in a drive-through car wash. He used to have a better job, but he wanted to start a new life so he took what he could get until something better came along. When he got paid, he showed his unemployed brother the check and the brother said, "God, I wish I were you - I'm flat busted! You're so lucky you got some money!"

Often when we're feeling sorry for ourselves, it's because we aren't willing to change the things we can. Jim didn't get money because he was lucky - he got it because he changed himself. He changed his attitude from "working in a car wash is degrading" to "I'm proud to take responsibility for myself."

Today, let me change the things I can and turn self-pity into self-determination.

You are reading from the book:

Our Best Days by Nancy Hull-Mast
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote