View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 01:38 AM   #32
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tuesday, April 29, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Judge Not

When we have received the gift of abstinence and have gotten rid of excess weight, we sometimes tend to be very critical of those who have not yet succeeded with the physical part of the program. We may also be especially critical of those who obviously need the OA program, but who are not yet willing to try it.

Then there are some of us who resent those who come into the program with very little weight to lose or those who are of normal weight but nevertheless suffer from compulsive overeating.

Instead of worrying about other people and trying to pronounce judgment on their needs and efforts, it would be better to concentrate on our own progress. Only God understands completely where we are at a given moment, and only He can judge our sincerity and growth. We can help and encourage each other, but we are each responsible to our Higher Power.

To refrain from judging others is to stop trying to compare apples and oranges. We are each unique, and we grow according to our individual timetables.

May I not waste time and energy judging others.
Being judgmental, is playing God with other people's lives. If I am doing this, I am not connected to the God of my understanding.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote