View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 15

Wisdom for Today
Most of us can look back and see that long before we finally quit drinking and using, we were out of control. I know for myself, I clearly went through a period of time where I refused to admit I had a problem, even though I knew the evidence was there to say I did. I hung onto my denial as long as I could. But my denial did not stop the consequences from happening. My disease was following the only course it knew. Addiction’s job is to progress and cause pain, and that is exactly what happened in my case.
Like most addicts, it took a lot to finally convince me that I had a problem. After enough pain and the denial falling apart, I had no other choice but to finally admit that I was sick and could not control it. This was an important turning point and an important lesson. I was defeated by alcohol and drugs. I learned that alcohol and drugs have no equal at handing out pain. I also knew I had no choice but to give up and stop trying to hold on to my old ideas. My way just did not work; and as long I kept trying, my disease would continue to take me down. Am I firmly convinced I am beaten?
Meditations for the Heart
"There is one who has all power, may you find Him now." For me this One who has all power is a force for good in my life. God always is about good. As long as I seek after His plans for me, I know that He will bring about good in my life. This doesn't mean I never will have problems in my life, but it does mean that my Higher Power will give me what I need to deal with these struggles. It does mean that if I follow His will, I will find good in my life. I also know that He has a purpose for me in this life I lead. God wants me to have my desires to become aligned with His desires. If I am able to do this, I can be assured that everything will be all right. I will be on God's side. Do I seek to align my will with that of God, as I understand Him?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Each day I am reminded that I need to seek after Your will for me. I do this because I choose not to fall back into the insanity of my life. I do this to grow. Teach me, mold me, and shape me into what You want me to be. Let me understand Your purpose for me in this day. Let me trust that where You lead me will be a good place.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: